All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionBias-cut Dressmaking is the best easy-to-follow guide to bias-cut clothes. It provides step-by-step instructions and diagrams for making over 40 items of clothing that are cut on the bias. The bias-cut technique is used by designers for cutting clothing to utilize the greater stretch in the bias or diagonal direction of the fabric. This allows the fabric to accentuate body lines and curves and drape softly. Bias-cut garments were an important feature of the designs of Madeleine Vionnet in the 1920s and 1930s but are w timeless. This classic text on the subject includes making skirts, dresses, trousers, eveningwear and even lingerie. You can make a halterneck evening dress, a cowl-necked shift dress, palazzo pants, bias-cut culottes, a cowl camisole, a strapless evening dress or a slightly flared bias skirt. The text is clearly written and laid out, making the beauty and the comfort of bias-cut clothing accessible to those t overly familiar with this type of dressmaking, including fashion students and amateur dressmakers.
- Author BiographyGillian Holman has taught pattern cutting and garment construction for over 20 years. She has also taught costume history for many years. She undertakes her own garment design and manufacture for individual clients. She is the author of the perennial seller Pattern Cutting Made Easy (9781849940733).
- Author(s)Gillian Holman
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note400 line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.