Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionIn Peach Village, crying is forbidden. But as a child, Binu never learnt to hide her tears. Shunned by the villagers, she faced a bleak future, until she met Qiliang, an orphan who offered her his hand in marriage. Then one day Qiliang disappears. Binu learns that he has been transported hundreds of miles and forced to labour on a project of terrifying ambition and scale - the building of the Great Wall. Binu is determined to find and save her husband. Inspired by her love, she sets out on an extraordinary journey towards Great Swallow Mountain, with only a blind frog for company. What follows is an unforgettable story of passion, hardship and magical adventure.
- Author BiographySu Tong is the author of the highly acclaimed Raise the Red Lantern and My Life As Emperor. He was born and lives in China.
- Author(s)Su Tong
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMyths
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight216 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated byHoward Goldblatt
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.