All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionBecause science has assumed an ever larger role in culture, scientists have become public figures, role models, and even heroes. Accordingly, scientific biography has grown steadily in popularity. Biographies of Scientists provides more than 500 sources of information on scientists for young and adult general readers and for scholars. These sources explain scientists' accomplishments in the context of the personal and career developments that made those accomplishments possible. Among the sources are encyclopedias, periodicals, and individual biographies and autobiographies of researchers in astromy and cosmology, chemistry, earth sciences, life sciences, mathematics, medical sciences, and physics. An introduction traces the general history and themes of scientific biography, and each entry in the bibliography includes an antation that discusses and evaluates the biographical source and indicates the most suitable readership for it. The bibliography concludes with indexes of authors, scientists who are the subjects of biographies, and scientific topics.
- Author BiographyRoger Smith was educated at Reed College, the University of Nevada, and Stanford University. He is a full-time freelance writer.
- Author(s)Roger R. Smith
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication07/05/1998
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleMagill Bibliographies S.
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width144 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.