All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.06Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionMost people thought the Great Depression was the end of the world. To one man, it was. Amos Black Dog Harlow, an aging hobo and failed bluesman with prospects, family, and place to call to home, wanders the hellish backdrop of Dust Bowl America with a guitar on his back and a grim past on his shoulders, following a spectral black dog only he can see down the dimly-lit backroads and blighted byways of a forsaken land. The black dog is an ill omen, and death and sorrow its only promises. But Amos must follow, drawn by the dog into the thick of supernatural danger, battling horrors and facing down evil that has crawled out of the Depression's dark underbelly with thing but his wits, his music, and a bit of folk magic. But there is an even greater shadow on the land. A dark killer with dark purpose strides the country, cutting a swath through the incent and leaving a trail of blood in his wake. And if the serial killer the papers call Herod has his way, the world will drown in it. Amos must battle his own demons and find Herod before the killer can finish his task-literally bringing Hell to earth. Follow Amos and the black dog down the road to redemption in BLACK DOG: The Long Dark Road (2012) and the forthcoming BLACK DOG: Prophet in the Wilderness (2013).
- Author BiographyMatt Coleman was born in Savannah, GA-a place where ghosts and other weird beings are known to hang out-and raised on a steady diet of the pulps, comic books, horror stories, the Twilight Zone, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, and Coca-Cola and peanuts. He lives in Pearland, Texas with his wife and daughter, where an entirely different set of weird beings reside.
- Author(s)Matt Coleman
- Date of Publication09/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.