All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionLanie Price, a 1920s Harlem society columnist, witnesses the brutal nightclub kidnapping of the Black Orchid, a sultry, seductive singer with a mysterious past. Price soon finds herself elbow-deep in a story in which everyone seems to be either lying or keeping a secret to die for. When hours pass without word from the kidnapper, puzzlement grows as to his motive. But after a gruesome package arrives at Price's doorstep, the questions change: just what does this kidnapper want - and how many people is he willing to kill in order to get it?
- Author BiographyPersia Walker is the author of the 1920s Jazz Age novels Harlem Redux, which the Boston Globe called a full, vibrant portrait of that storied era when Harlem's pulse was the rhythm of black America ; and Darkness and the Devil Behind Me. Her short story Such A Lucky, Pretty Girl appears in the anthology The Blue Religion. A native New Yorker fluent in German, she is a former news writer for the Associated Press.
- Author(s)Persia Walker
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Weight306 g
- Width158 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.