All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionSome days I wish something truly bad would happen so that I would have something genuine to worry about . When his parents' car is hit by a train, Luke, a failed actor, returns to his Edmonton hometown to attend their funeral, wrap up their affairs, and prepare their house to be sold off. But while all others around him grieve, Luke remains detached, striking up a relationship with a woman in a neighbouring house...and stumbling across evidence that his mother may have engaged in a longstanding extramarital affair herself. In Blind Spot debut velist Laurence Miall crafts an unforgettable literary antihero, a man disconnected from the pain of those around him, yet blind to his own faults. With his clean, forceful language and his familiarity with the darker corners of the male psyche, Miall emerges as a gripping storyteller in the tradition of Tobias Wolff and Andre Dubus III.
- Author BiographyLaurence Miall is a Montreal-based writer who spent his childhood in England before emigrating to Edmonton at the age of 14. Miall has contributed to The Edmonton Journal and his short stories have been finalists in the Summer Literary Awards contest and Glimmer Train's Short Story Award for New Writers. Blind Spot is his first novel.
- Author(s)Laurence Miall
- PublisherNeWest Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdmonton
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNeWest Press
- Weight302 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.