All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBlob School is an educational resource designed specifically for one of the main purchasers of the Blobs - teachers! This practical resource aims to cover all the key areas of school life so that teachers, assistants, school workers, pupils and parents can reflect upon a wide range of contexts and issues which occur throughout the school year. The book includes 47 images which can be projected upon an Interactive White Board or photocopied for whole class or small group discussion. The Blobs are simple. They deal with deep issues using the primary languages we learn from infancy - feelings and body language. This is why they are used with children as young as 4, all the way through to the elderly. Without words, the Blobs can be interpreted in a hundred different ways. There is right and wrong about the Blobs, which is very important. A leader who uses them in a 'one way of reading them only way' will find that the rest of their group become very frustrated in discussions. Each picture is a means to a conversation, rather than a problem to be solved or a message to be agreed upon.
- Author BiographyPip Wilson is a trainer and author with a background in social care, working with street gangs and elderly and homeless people. He is also a games show designer and host. Ian Long, formerly an artist-in-residence in Lambeth and a youth and children's worker in Gloucestershire, specialising in art.
- Author(s)Ian Long,Pip Wilson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBlobs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1900
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Weight474 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.