All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1936, and Barcelona burns as the Spanish Civil War takes over. The city is a bloodbath. Yet in all this death, the murders of a Marist monk and a young boy, drained of their blood, are strange eugh to catch a police inspector's attention. The Marist brothers of the murdered monk are being persecuted; meanwhile, a convent of Capuchin nuns hides in plain sight, trading favours with the military police to stay alive. In their midst is a thirteen-year-old vice who stumbles into the clutches of the murderer. Can she escape in this city of happy endings?
- Author Biography<b>Sebastia Alzamora i Martin</b> was born in Mallorca in 1972 and graduated from the Universitat de les Illes Balears with a degree in Catalan philology. He first rose to prominence as a poet with a collection called <i>Rafel</i>, which he published in 1994. Since that time, he has written three other volumes of poetry and five novels. He has been awarded numerous prizes for both his fiction and his poetry, including the prestigious Sant Jordi Prize for <i>Blood Crime</i>. He is the editorial director of the Catalan magazine <i>Cultura</i> as well as a regular columnist for various newspapers, including <i>Avui</i> and <i>Ara</i>. He lives in Majorca. <b>Martha Tennent& Maruxa Relano</b> are a mother-daughter team of English-language translators, working primarily from Catalan and Spanish. Martha Tennent has received a fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts for her translation of <i>The Selected Stories of Merce Rodoreda</i>. Maruxa Relano was a translation editor for <i>The Wall Street Journal</i> and has written about immigration, local politics, and the Latino community for several US publications, including the <i>New York Daily News</i>, <i>New York Magazine</i>, and <i>Newsday</i>. They currently live in Barcelona.
- Author(s)Sebastia Alzamora
- PublisherSoho Press Inc
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintSoho Press Inc
- Weight476 g
- Width148 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byMartha Tennent,Maruxa Relano
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.