All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the acclaimed author of Blood Sport and Blood Tide, comes ather impressing, original work of twisted fiction. In the beginning was the Oak, its hungry roots reaching deep into the earth, its gnarled limbs searching the distant heavens. Two hundred years ago, Obediah Magrute worshipped the Oak and died violently beneath it, feeding it with his blood and bone, shouting his chilling curse to the skies. Now, Laura and Mark Avery have come to the bustling little Vermont village. They have given up their frenetic city life to settle in the old Eldridge Place and to start their family. Quiet and quaint, the village is nestled among the rolling green hills of Hubley's Gore. For centuries, the inhabitants of the little farming village had tilled the soil, eking out a living from the harsh land, bound together by time, by ties of kinship, by their battle against the savage elements ...and by the dark secret in their midst. Silent, supreme, it held sway over them. Buried deep in the soil, in the heart of the dense forest, in the soul of the living wood, it commanded the very elements. It demanded obedience and unholy worship and ...sacrifice. Laura and Mark are t superstitious, though. They find the local legends charming. But as the seasons turn and the full moon rises, people die in Hubley's Gore in thrall to an ancient, terrible power. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyRobert F. Jones was a novelist, contributing editor to Men's Journal, and writer for Sports Illustrated and Field & Stream. His books include Blood Sport, as well as multiple other works of fiction and nonfiction, among them the award-winning Jake and Upland Passage. He spent much of his life in western Vermont.
- Author(s)Robert F. Jones
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight442 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.