All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of photographs offers a glimpse into what it was like for a soldier to fight and live in the jungles of Vietnam. All aspects are covered here: weapons, from M-16 machine guns to grenades; uniforms, including boots, headgear, and wet-weather gear; equipment, such as rucksacks and biculars; rations; ground vehicles like jeeps, armoured personnel carriers, and tanks; aerial vehicles like helicopters and troop transports; terrain and jungle conditions; conditions in camp; the effects of combat; leisure time activities like drinking and smoking; USO performances; and Vietnamese civilians. Most of the photos are colour, and most of them come from private collections and have never been published before. Complementing the photos, in addition to captions, are anecdotes from the men who served in Vietnam, who knew the bloody jungle firsthand. This is a unique look at a war that looms large in recent history.
- Author BiographyChris Evans holds a master's degree in military history and is history editor for Stackpole Books. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Chris Evans
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleStackpole Military Photo Series
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.