Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a bilingual edition (English/Romanian) of selected poems from several volumes authored by contemporary poet and cultural journalist Clara Margineanu - a first comprehensive offering to the English speaking readership. The mirrored-page display of translation and original versions will delight those who search for proof that traduttore (translator) is t necessarily... traditore (traitor)!
- Author BiographyClara Margineanu was born in Bucharest, Romania. After initially studying acting, she graduated with a Master's degree from the I. L. Caragiale National University of Theater and Film Art, with dissertation on 'Audio-Visual Fascination with Art.' Following her literary magazine debut in 1991 ('Luceafarul') and her editorial debut in 1995 ('First Act or The Goblet of Illusions'), she authored seven volumes of poetry over the years: 'Wretched Sundays' (1996); 'Wager of Friendship' (1998); 'Sealed Door To A Different Fate' (2000); 'Freedom's Hostage' (2002); 'Dancing With A Dagger Through The Heart' (2003); 'Asphalt Girl' (2005); and 'Blue Woman' (2006). Translations of her work have appeared in English, French and Albanian. Working as a TV producer after 1995, Ms. Margineanu was responsible for numerous feature reports, interviews, documentaries and film essays, receiving the prestigious Award for Cultural Journalism from the Association of Romanian Publishers and Literary Journals (2006). Her most recent publication 'Divine Destinies' is a collection of essays based on her experience in broadcast journalism. She has been a member of the Romanian Writers' Union since 2001.
- Author(s)Clara Margineanu
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byAdrian G Sahlean
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.