All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionHow does the contemporary reader make sense of the life and writings of such an icon as Dietrich Bonhoeffer? The essays in this volume seek to address this question by carefully examining the social, cultural, religious and intellectual locations that inform the Sitz im Leben of a vast readership of Bonhoeffer. The focus of each of the essays is thus on the task of articulating and clarifying a hermeneutically self-conscious and responsible approach to interpreting and understanding Bonhoeffer. The authors come from widely divergent backgrounds, both geographically and intellectually, and therefore offer a wide spectrum of dialogue. Methods and approaches examined in the essays discuss themes such as gender, religion, race, ecology, politics, philosophy, literature among others.
- Author BiographyPeter Frick is Associate Professor and Academic Dean at St. Paul's University College, University of Waterloo. He is interested in theology, philosophy and biblical studies. His recent books are: A Dialogue with Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Collected Essays (2009) and the edited works Bonhoeffer's Intellectual Formation (2008), Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Meditation and Prayer (2010) and Paul in the Grip of Continental Philosophers (2013).
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleInternational Bonhoeffer Interpretations
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight490 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPeter Frick
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.