All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWant to save cash, your child's imagination and possibly even the planet? This is the book you need. Packed with great photos of real families in the outdoors, Born to Be Wild contains easy-to-follow instructions for activities that require thing more sophisticated than a small person's imagination and access to a little outdoor space. Nature lays on magical materials for free each season, from fallen leaves and twigs, moulted feathers, sand and shells, to mud, puddles and rain. Everything else you'll need for these activities is already hiding in your cupboards at home. No expensive art supplies of outward-bound kit required. All you need are the toolkit items at the front of the book - ordinary household essentials like scraps of paper, string, glue, recycled food containers and an empty jar or two. Along the way Hattie talks to families, organisations and communities who have rebuilt their relationships with nature with extreme or inspiring results, and she introduces scientists, psychologists and other experts who explain why, as modern families, we should revive our waning relationships with nature, whatever age or stage we're at.
- Author BiographyHattie Garlick is a former journalist for the Times, where she wrote features, comment and news, and now contributes to the Guardian, the Telegraph, the Sunday Times, the Sunday Telegraph's Stella magazine, the Financial Times magazine, and Mother and Baby magazine, as well as to Radio 4's Food programme. Hattie also interviewed all of the 100 Leading Ladies photographed by Nancy Honey for her 2014 exhibition and book. Nancy Honey has been a professional photographer for over 35 years. She loves photographing people, especially children and teenagers, who she finds refreshing, idiosyncratic and constantly inspirational. Her work has been widely published and exhibited internationally and she has received numerous awards, commissions and prizes. Her monographs include Woman to Woman 1990, Entering the Masquerade 1992, Poodle Parlour 2008 and 100 Leading Ladies 2014.
- Author(s)Hattie Garlick
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Series TitleRSPB
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Note500 colour photos
- Weight735 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Photographs byNancy Honey
- Format DetailsRough front
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.68Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.