All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a century has passed past since German archeologist Heinrich Schliemann discovered the treasures of Bronze Age Mycenae. The richly decorated artefacts of the entombed warriors, whose bodies still lay in their graves, confirmed that Homer's epic The Iliad was based upon true events, and that the Achaeans described in his poems probably did exist. Through a combined study of the mythical tradition, archeological findings and written sources, this fascinating addition to the Warrior series explores the evolution of warfare in the Bronze Age Greek world. Covering weaponry, clothing, helmets and body armour, it provides a richly illustrated guide to the warriors who have shone from the pages of Homer's poem for almost three millennia.
- Author BiographyRaffaele D'Amato was awarded a degree in Romano-Byzantine Law in 1993 from the University of Turin. His passion for ancient and medieval military history led him to collaborate with magazines and specialist publications in these fields, together with various universities and institutions. He has published two books on the Mycenean age and Dark Age warriors and is working as an external researcher at the University of Athens. Andrea Salimbeti has had a life-long interest in ancient military history, the Bronze Age in Greece and the Middle East in particular. He is the author of various articles on aerospace technology and flight equipment. Giuseppe Rava was born in Faenza in 1963. Entirely self-taught, Giuseppe has established himself as a leading military history artist, and is inspired by the works of the great military artists, such as Detaille, Meissonier, Rochling, Lady Butler, Ottenfeld and Angus McBride.
- Author(s)Andrea Salimbeti,Raffaele D'Amato
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/03/2011
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleWarrior
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 153
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note25 b/w; 38 col
- Weight217 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Giuseppe Rava
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.