All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIsambard Kingdom Brunel changed the world as we kw it. He was responsible for building the Great Western Railway main line, introducing regular steamship travel across the Atlantic, building the first tunnel under a major river, and constructing docks, harbours and bridges that enabled Britain to expand and grow as the powerhouse of the world. Without his foresight and imagination, it is possible that nineteenth-century Britain might have been very different. There have been many books written about the man himself, but this book concentrates upon the structures, buildings and legacy of Brunel, introducing the reader to this great engineer and embarking upon a tour around Britain that reveals the many locations with a Brunel connection.
- Author BiographyJohn Christopher is a lifelong transport enthusiast, author, and balloon pilot. Originally training as a graphic designer, he now splits his time between flying, working with airships, and writing on all aspects of transportation. He has previously written Balloons at War, Brunel s Kingdom, The HMS Victory Story, The London Bus Story, The Orient Express Story, The SS Great Britain Story, and The Tornado Story.
- Author(s)John Christopher
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, 50 colour illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.