All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDive into the history and application of the IBC Building Codes Illustrated: A Guide to the 2015 International Building Code, Fifth Edition is a bestselling complement to the International Building Code, or IBC. Designed to give you an insider's look at the origins of the IBC, how it can be interpreted, and how it applies to design and construction, this updated text offers new information regarding hazmat occupancies, hospitals, and nursing homes, major changes to how building heights and areas are presented, as well as means of egress, and the latest information on building materials, interior environments, and structural provisions. Francis D.K. Ching's distinctive illustrations and the code expertise of Steven Winkel, FAIA, give students and professionals in architecture, interior design, construction, and engineering industries a user-friendly, easy-to-use guide to fundamentally understanding the 2015 IBC. Building codes and standards serve to establish minimum regulations that emphasize performance while prioritizing public health and safety. Updated every three years, the IBC is the most important reference that you can leverage throughout your career in architecture, design, or engineering. The IBC is a national 'model building code' which is adopted in some form by most building permit jurisdictions across the nation and in several foreign countries. * Access the updated regulations reflected in the 2015 IBC * Explore how the IBC was developed, and why it is an important component of so many industries * Identify the areas of the IBC that have undergone the most change, such as the presentation of building heights and areas, along with changes to means of egress provisions * Easily navigate and digest the information with full illustrations Building Codes Illustrated: A Guide to the 2015 International Building Code, Fifth Edition is a practical, fully illustrated reference that guides you through the latest in building code regulations.
- Author BiographyFRANCIS D.K. CHING is a leading global authority on architectural drawing, and Professor Emeritus at the University of Washington in Seattle. His numerous bestselling works have been translated into twenty languages, and are widely regarded as classics for their renowned graphic presentation. STEVEN R. WINKEL, FAIA, PE, CASp has over 45 years of experience as an architect, engineer, landscape architect, and California Certified Access Specialist. Steve manages the San Francisco Bay Area office of The Preview Group, Inc., and is currently serving his fourth term as the Architect member of the California Building Standards Commission. He is also on the Board of Directors of the National Institute of Building Sciences.
- Author(s)Francis D. K. Ching,Steven R. Winkel
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleBuilding Codes Illustrated
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1188 g
- Width220 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.