All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe European Convention on Human Rights can w be invoked by 800 million people across 47 member States. It is the most developed and successful system of international legal protection for fundamental human rights in existence. The first two editions of this widely used and highly praised work were designed to address the challenge faced by undergraduate and postgraduate students in comprehending the extensive, complex and lengthy jurisprudence emanating from Strasbourg. This updated edition continues that mission. It provides a selection of the leading jurisprudence, together with commentary, enabling readers to gain a critical and contemporary understanding of the major rights and freedoms guaranteed by the ECHR. Separate chapters are devoted to each of the fundamental rights, providing an in-depth analysis of the rights and freedoms and their limitations. An examination of the background to the creation of the Convention, and the constantly developing system of adjudication and remedies at the European level are also included. Cases, Materials, and Commentary on the European Convention on Human Rights is essential reading for all those wishing to gain a full understanding of this vital and ever-developing area of law.
- Author BiographyAlastair Mowbray is Professor of Public Law at the University of Nottingham. He has published books and many academic papers on the ECHR. For twenty years he has taught undergraduate and postgraduate students about the Convention. In addition he has given numerous specialist lectures and seminars on the Convention to academics, judges, lawyers and government officials from a range of countries.
- Author(s)Alastair Mowbray
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectEU Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1466 g
- Width181 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.