Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- Description-I look around the church as we sing. I was expecting the Hollywood version of a monastery, something European looking, with vineyards and massive stone buildings and ivy-covered cloisters. I wanted sturdy monks singing with deep, vibrant voices, like the Gregorian chant CDs that I play at home when I take a hot bath and light candles and sticks of incense. ... Why am I here? To get a bit of rest. Read a few books. That's what I thought, anyway. Now, I'm t sure.-Richard Cole initially saw his trip to a monastery in western Texas as a retreat--to check out for a few days, maybe a chance to catch up on his reading. Instead, Cole embarks on a zigzagging roller coaster of emotion and examination as he discerns, dissects, and discovers the incredible vibrancy of the Catholic community. Catholic by Choice provides a funny and joyous look at adult Catholic conversion from the point of view of a modern convert, telling a deeply personal yet relatable story of discovery, doubt, and finding a place at God's table.
- Author BiographyRichard Cole is the author of two collections of poetry: The Glass Children and Success Stories. His poetry and prose have been published in The New Yorker, Poetry, The Sun, Hudson Review and Image Journal: Good Letters. He lives with his family in Austin, TX. Learn more at www.richard-cole.net.
- Author(s)Richard Cole
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/05/2014
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Weight327 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.