All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionGifted children are quick on the uptake, can be frustrated by repetition and easily become impatient when unchallenged. Challenging the Gifted Child outlines a tried and tested approach for encouraging able children to focus their active minds in a productive way and discover the joy and value of reading. The author explains the criteria for choosing appropriate reading for the child and describes ways to help deepen their understanding of both literature and language. Using examples from the author's extensive experience, this book encourages the development of independent learning skills and will help parents and educators to create a personalized reading programme for a gifted child at home or small groups of children in school. Photocopiable materials are included, along with samples of reading lists for different age groups. This book provides practical advice for working with advanced young readers and will be an ideal resource for anyone who has responsibility for educating a gifted child.
- Author BiographyMargaret Stevens is qualified in special needs teaching and has personal experience of raising a gifted child. She lives in the UK and since her retirement has been acting as a mentor for distance learning pupils of her reading programme for able young readers.
- Author(s)Margaret Stevens
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight553 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.