All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Copperfield and Great Expectations are among Charles Dickens's most famous vels. In both books, the hero tells the vivid and absorbing tale of his education by life, presents a rich range of characters and scenes, and tackles profound moral, social and psychological themes. Part I of this essential study: * provides lucid and penetrating analyses of key passages * discusses the crucial topics of patriarchy, class, obsession, eccentricity, death, breakdown and recovery * summarizes the methods of analysis and offers suggestions for further work. Part II supplies key background material, including: * an account of Dickens's life and works * a survey of historical, cultural and literary contexts * samples of significant criticism. Also featuring a valuable Further Reading section, this volume provides readers with the critical and analytical skills which will enable them to enjoy and explore both vels for themselves.
- Author BiographyNicolas Tredell is a freelance writer and formerly taught Literature, Film, Drama and Cultural Studies at the University of Sussex, UK. He is the series editor of Palgrave Macmillan's Readers' Guides to Essential Criticism series and the author of the Fitzgerald: The Great Gatsby/Tender is the Night volume in the Analysing Texts series.
- Author(s)Nicolas Tredell
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/07/2013
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAnalysing Texts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight300 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.