Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionInitially promoted as the answer to the housewife's prayer, the gleaming chromium, brass, and copper houseware specialties of the Chase Brass & Copper Co. today stand as icons of American Art Deco style. This book chronicles the entire Specialty line produced by Chase from 1930 to 1942 and profiles the industrial designers who made it possible, including such pioneers as Lurelle Guild, Walter Von Nessen, Russel Wright, and Harry Laylon. An essential reference for Deco collectors, this book features 650 full-color catalog and historical photos, vintage advertising, a complete cross-reference listing, and a price guide. This in-depth look at the unique Chase blend of practicality and streamlined modern design will appeal to all admirers of twentieth-century decorative arts.
- Author BiographyDonald-Brian Johnson is the co-author of Higgins: Adventures in Glass and The Chase Catalogs: 1934 & 1935 and currently lives in Omaha, Nebraska. Leslie Pi a is a noted authority on twentieth-century decorative arts and author of numerous books, including her collaborations with Mr. Johnson.
- Author(s)Donald-Brian Johnson,Leslie Pina
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/08/1999
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note552 color photos, 71 b/w photos
- Weight1600 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.