Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.30Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionCheval 8 presents a selection of the writing submitted by the talented young entrants to this year s Terry Hetherington Award, and includes new work by previous winners. Some of these writers are appearing in print for the first time; others have already begun to make their mark on the literary scene. The Terry Hetherington Award aims to encourage and promote young and emerging writers. The respected former Welsh poet, short story writer and Academi Member Terry Hetherington passed away in 2007. The bursary was first awarded in 2008. A charitable trust, it is funded by the Neath Poets and Pints night, and recently qualified for a Lottery grant. Profits from the sale of the anthology will help to fund the following year s award. Features stories and poems from Tyler Keevil, Katherine Stansfield, Mao Oliver-Semev, Georgia Carys Williams and Jonathan Edwards, among others.
- Author BiographyJonathan Edwards' first collection of poems, My Family and Other Superheroes won the Costa Poetry Prize. He has also won the Terry Hetherington Award in 2010 and was awarded a Literature Wales Bursary in 2011. In 2012, he won second place in the Cardiff International Poetry Competition and was commended in the Basil Bunting Award. His work has appeared in Magma, New Welsh Review, The North, Planet, Poetry Wales and The Rialto. Alan Perry is a poet, painter, short-story writer and editor. He is a past winner of the Eric Gregory Award for Poetry and the Leslie Moore Award for painting and the author of 10 books, including Dreaming from North to South: Selected Poems and Days of the Comet: Selected Stories. As well as co-editing Cheval 6, 7 and 8 with Jonathan Edwards he is also co-editing (with Mike Jenkins and Kavi Vadamootoo) an anthology of Welsh and Mauritian writing entitled Dragon Meets Dodo.
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight218 g
- Width124 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlan Perry,Jonathan Edwards
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.