All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1974, musician and composer Jo Collins met Mary Ward, a teacher and director. With a shared belief in harnessing the creativity in everyone and anyone, they started a theatre company. In a chicken shed. The rest, as they say, is history. Forty years on, Chickenshed is a unique theatre company that makes beautiful challenging, pioneering and inspirational theatre, and the concept of inclusion that seemed so obvious to Jo and Mary is w an international movement with a mission to change the world. Thousands of people have enjoyed Chickenshed shows, major figures such as Princess Diana and Judi Dench have supported their work, and many lives have been changed by the company's ability to bring together young people from all backgrounds, races and abilities. Chickenshed: An Awfully Big Adventure charts the story of this incredible theatre company, to commemorate its 40th anniversary.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Thomson has written for newspapers and magazines around the world and her portfolio of interviews includes Joan Baez, Alan Bennett, Jimmy Carter, Leonard Cohen and Vanessa Redgrave. A contributor to The New Grove Dictionary of Music & Musicians, she is the co-editor of critical anthologies on John Lennon, Bob Dylan and David Bowie and was responsible for 'the director's cut' of No Direction Home: The Life and Music of Bob Dylan by Robert Shelton. She has lectured at Liverpool University's Institute of Popular Music and been a Visiting Fellow of the Open University Sixties Research Group. A frequent broadcaster, Thomson is a founding editor of BookBrunch, the daily newsletter and website for the book trade.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Thomson
- PublisherElliott & Thompson Limited
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElliott & Thompson Limited
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1547 g
- Width290 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.