All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book illuminates play as a universal and culture-specific activity. It provides needed information about the behavior of children in diverse cultural contexts as well as about the play of children in unassimilated cultural or subcultural contexts. It offers readers the opportunity to develop greater sensitivity to and better understanding of the important cultural differences that confront early childhood teachers and teacher educators.
- Author BiographyJaipaul L. Roopnarine is Associate Profesor of Child Studies and Early Childhood Education at Syracuse University. James E. Johnson is Associate Professor of Education at The Pennsylvania State University, University Park. Frank H. Hooper is Professor of Child and Family Studies at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication11/01/1994
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSUNY Series, Children's Play in Society
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byFrank H. Hooper,Jaipaul L. Roopnarine,James E. Johnson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.