Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1850s the area consisted of three villages - Turnham Green along the main road to the west and the riverside hamlets of Chiswick and Strand on the Green, separated by fields, market gardens and the grounds of several large mansions. Since that time industry has come and gone, great houses have become institutions before succumbing to development, the fields have been built over and transport has moved from river boats and horse-drawn coaches to the six-lane A4. This is Carolyn and Peter Hammond's third book of old photographs of Chiswick, and once again they have assembled a wide and fascinating collection of images, including paintings and prints as well as photographs and postcards. These images are grouped in chapters by subject and combined with informative captions, allowing interesting comparisons as we trace Chiswick's journey through time from three rural hamlets to a cosmopolitan London suburb.
- Author BiographyCarolyn & Peter Hammond are historians and writers with a particular interest in the history of Chiswick, having written three books of old and new photographs of Chiswick and published many other books and articles. They live in London.
- Author(s)Carolyn Hammond,Peter Hammond
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note184 illustrations, 103 in colour
- Weight310 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.