All listings for this product
Save on Cook Books
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $39.77
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.26
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.84
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.13
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.51
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $31.68
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.16
About this product
- DescriptionChocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate is much more than just a recipe book. Employing half a century of chocolate kwledge and experience to this accessible new title, Jean-Pierre Wybauw's sixth book is a veritable abundance of information, history and recipes pertaining to chocolate. The book traces the history of the cocoa bean, from its first use as currency by the Aztecs to the very beginnings of its consumption as a delicacy. The technical differentiations between dark, milk and white chocolate are explained, and different production techniques and tricks are examined, with further nuggets of information included along the way. Nutritional values of different kinds of chocolate, as well as the health benefits of the cocoa bean, are also outlined, and an explanation of chocolatier's termilogy. Features over 100 pages of recipes with step-by-step instructions including muffins, souffles, pralines, macaroons and chocolate cannelloni as well as useful recipes for chocolatiers' ingredients that are otherwise expensive and difficult for the layman to get hold of such as fondant cream. Of interest to professionals and aspiring chocolatiers as well as hobbyists, readers will be swept away by Jean Pierre's enthusiasm and never-ceasing diligence to create the perfect chocolate.
- Author BiographyJean-Pierre Wybauw is an international chocolate and sugar processing consultant who travels the world giving courses, lectures, readings and demonstrations on chocolate processing. Jean-Pierre often makes guest appearances on foreign television cookery programmes. He is also a well-known and respected member of the jury in numerous competitions. His expert opinion about working with chocolate is greatly appreciated, especially in international contests. Jean-Pierre Wybauw has won many awards and competitions, among which, in 2002, the coveted 'Chef of the year' title at the Culinary Institute of America. He was awarded numerous prizes for his work.
- Author(s)Jean-Pierre Wybauw
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Editions
- Content Note95 Colour
- Weight340 g
- Width134 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Frank Croes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.