All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of two volumes which provide a catalogue of the Nasser D. Khalili collection of Islamic pottery, representing a millennium of ceramic production across the Islamic world. This book describes Saljuq lustrewares of the 12th and 13th centuries and the pottery of the Timurid period. The Nasser D. Khalili collection contains some 2000 items of pottery, representing a millennium of ceramic production across the Islamic world. The catalogue of these holdings is to be published in two volumes. The first concentrates on the beauty of the work of the early Muslim potters, of which the Collection holds many attractive examples. The collection is particularly rich in Saljuq lustrewares of the 12th and 13th centuries AD, and in the pottery of the Timurid period. Illustrations of all major types of early Islamic pottery are presented with brief introductory essays on each category, detailed discussions of individual objects, and a scholarly apparatus providing references to comparative pieces and to further reading.
- Author(s)Alastair Northedge,Cristina Tonghini,Derek Kennet,Ernst J. Grube,Manijeh Bayani,Nahla Nassar,Peter Morgan
- PublisherKhalili Collections
- Date of Publication01/12/1995
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleNasser D.Khalili Collection of Islamic Art
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKhalili Collections
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.