Cognitive Behavioural Treatment of Sexual Offenders by Yolanda Fernandez, Dana Anderson, William L. Marshall (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $119.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $76.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive Behavioural Treatment of Sexual Offenders William L. Marshall, Dana Anderson and Yolanda Fernandez Queen's University, Ontario, Canada, and Bath Institution Sexual Offender's Program, Ontario, Canada Sexual offending is an extensive problem in our societies causing untold harm to many incent victims. Sexual offenders typically have a personal history of abuse of various kinds and it seems that most of them would prefer to live offence-free lives. It takes courage for these offenders to face their own problems and to deal with the consequences of their actions on their victims, the victim's families, and their own families and friends. This book describes a treatment program which presses these offenders into facing the facts and taking responsibility for their actions, in a firm and supportive manner. The book's aim is to present what is currently kwn about the treatment of sexual offenders from both a practical and an empirical perspective. The authors describe the features that are assumed to need change and appraise the evidence in support of these assumptions. The authors present an approach to treatment which is unique and the evidence for effective treatment outcome, generally from Correctional Services of Canada programs, is among the most convincing available. Each treatment component is described and the available evidence is outlined to support the value of each component. Finally the authors consider overall evaluations of treatment outcome. All professionals involved in the treatment of sexual offenders will find this book essential for its comprehensive review of the development and implementation of sexual offender treatment evidence-based approach to selecting clients for treatment and to selection of treatment components practical, detailed and research-based guidance on conducting and monitoring treatment unique approach to treatment supported by good outcome evidence This book is published in the Wiley Series in Forensic Clinical Psychology Series Editors: Clive R. Hollin and Mary McMurran, both of the Centre for Applied Psychology, The University of Leicester, UK
- Author(s)Dana Anderson,William L. Marshall,Yolanda Fernandez
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleWiley Series in Forensic Clinical Psychology
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight396 g
- Width167 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.