All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its new range of best-loved, essential classics. 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...' Set before and during the French Revolution in the cities of Paris and London, A Tale of Two Cities tells the story of Dr Manette's release from imprisonment in the Bastille and his reunion with daughter, Lucie. A French aristocrat Darnay and English lawyer Carton compete in their love for Lucie and the ensuing tale plays out against the menacing backdrop of the French Revolution and the shadow of the guillotine.
- Author BiographyCharles Dickens was born in 1812 and grew up in poverty. This experience influenced 'Oliver Twist', the second of his fourteen major novels, which first appeared in 1837. When he died in 1870, he was buried in Poets' Corner in Westminster Abbey as an indication of his huge popularity as a novelist, which endures to this day.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight250 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.