Coloring African American, Natural and Chemically Relaxed Hair by MR Paul Chambers, David Velasco (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $154.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $142.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionColoring African American, Natural and Chemically Relaxed Hair This book is Volume-8 in the Trade Secrets of a Haircolor Expert series, and it is designed to t only teach you how to color natural and chemically relaxed African American hair, but also as a reference book which you will keep by your side at the salon on a daily basis. In this book we give you a Foolproof System to formulate haircolor for every conceivable haircolor process you will ever encounter with the African-American client. This is the first book in the Haircolor Trade Secrets Series in which I have asked fellow haircolor expert, Mr. Paul Chambers, to co-author with me. Paul has a wealth of kwledge in this area, and he also shares a passion for teaching it, as I do. In This Book You Will Learn: - An Overview of the Coloring Process - Rules of Texture and Porosity - Understanding the pH Scale - The Theory of Haircolor Does Not Change - 10 Most Important Laws of Haircolor - Gray Coverage Rules Do Not Change - The 5 Variables of Coloring African-American Hair - Variable #1--THE HAIR'S NATURAL COLOR - Variable #2--2 KINDS OF TEXTURE - Variable #3--3 TYPES OF NATURAL TEXTURE - Variable #4--5 STAGES OF POROSITY - Variable #5--3 TYPES of CHEMICAL RELAXERS - The Differences Between Ammonium Thiogylcolate and Hydroxide - Relaxers - Three Strengths of Hydroxide Relaxers Mild, Regular & Super - pH of Chemical Relaxers - Pre-treating Chemically Relaxed Hair for Color - Understanding the Formulation Charts - Haircolor Selector Grids and Hair Classification Charts - Group 1 - Natural Curl Texture Charts - Group 2 - Chemically Relaxed Texture Charts - After Care ---- Hair Care Products - After Care Retailing - At Home After-Care Maintenance Tips
- Author BiographyDavid Velasco Professional Biography Haircolor Specialist Master Stylist Salon Owner Educator Consultant Author With 40 years experience in the field of hairdressing, David Velasco has become one of the industry's leading authorities. Velasco began his career at the young age of 16 years old in Tampa Florida. He soon moved to London, England where he worked and studied his craft with world renowned hairdressers of that era. Upon returning to the United States, Velasco began to develop his skills as an Educator and Effective Communicator while working with John & Suzanne Chadwick at the Hair Fashion Development Center on New York's fashionable 5th Avenue. By the age of 21 years, Velasco was Styles Director for the SAKS Fifth Avenue Beauty Salon in New York City. Over the next 20 years, Velasco became immersed in almost every possible aspect of hair-related activities. He has held such prestige positions as Educational and Creative Consultant to Clairol, Inc., Shiseido, LTD. and The Wella Corp. Velasco held a position as the National Artistic Director for the Wella, Corp. for ten years. Velasco was formerly the Director of Haircolor for the world renowned Bumble & Bumble Salon in New York City. These activities lead to achievements, such as serving as a Freelance Hair Designer for photo sessions with major beauty publications and television commercials. He has performed as the Featured Guest Artist and Master Educator at hundreds of trade events throughout the world. His presentation at the 1993 HAIRCOLOR U.S.A. Symposium was rated BEST EDUCATIONAL EVENT by his peers. Velasco has been a Contributing Author to many hair related articles for both consumer and professional publications and books. He is a member of the INTERNATIONAL HAIRCOLOR EXCHANGE. Presently Velasco oversees his own salon, David Velasco Salon, LTD. in Doylestown, Pennsylvania which he has owned for the past 20 years. David and his Salon are proud members of Intercoiffure Mondial, which is the most prestigious international hairdressing organization in the world. As an industry leader, David is also owner of Salon Success Systems Publications through which he has Authored and Self-Published a series of 8 books in the art of haircolor, Trade Secrets of a Haircolor Expert, as well as produced a series of DVD's and a social networking website, The Haircolor Clubhouse where he provides free haircolor education to professional hairdressers around the world.
- Author(s)David Velasco,MR Paul Chambers
- PublisherSalon Success Systems
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSalon Success Systems
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.