All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe De Administrando Imperio , compiled by Constantine VII Porphyrogenitus in the tenth century, is one of the most important historical documents surviving from the middle Byzantine period, containing a wide variety of information on foreign relations and internal administration. The critical text of the De Administrando Imperio , edited by Gyula Moravcsik and translated by R. J. H. Jenkins (Dumbarton Oaks Texts), is w joined by the commentary, written in 1962 by a team of eminent scholars led by Jenkins. Long out of print, the Jenkins commentary remains the most thorough and authoritative study of this significant medieval text, and it is w republished as a companion volume to the critical text and translation. In addition to extensive commentary on the historical, geographical, and philological nuances of the Greek text, this volume contains a bibliography, map, indexes, and genealogical charts.
- Author BiographyR. J. H. Jenkins was Professor of Byzantine History and Literature at Harvard University and Director of Byzantine Studies at Dumbarton Oaks. Gyula Moravcsik was a distinguished Byzantinologist best known for his monumental work on the historical sources on Byzantine relations with the Turks, Byzantinoturcica. Sir Steven Runciman, one of the most acclaimed historians of the Byzantine era, is the author of many influential works, including the three-volume History of the Crusades.
- PublisherDumbarton Oaks Research Library & Collection
- Date of Publication03/07/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleDumbarton Oaks Texts
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDumbarton Oaks Research Library & Collection
- Content Note2 genealogical charts, 1 map
- Weight428 g
- Width163 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byR. J. H. Jenkins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.