All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionComputer techlogy has impacted the practice of medicine in dramatic ways. Imaging techniques provide ninvasive tools which alter the diag- stic process. Sophisticated monitoring equipment presents new levels of detail for both patient management and research. In most of these high techlogy applications, the computer is embedded in the device; its presence is transparent to the user. There is also a growing number of applications in which the health care provider directly interacts with a computer. In many cases, these appli- cations are limited to administrative functions, e.g., office practice man- agement, location of hospital patients, appointments, and scheduling. Nevertheless, there also are instances of patient care functions such as results reporting, decision support, surveillance, and reminders. This series, Computers and Medicine, will focus upon the direct use of information systems as it relates to the medical community. After twenty-five years of experimentation and experience, there are many tested applications which can be implemented ecomically using the current generation of computers. Moreover, the falling cost of computers suggests that there will be even more extensive use in the near future. Yet there is a gap between current practice and the state-of-the-art.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleComputers and Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight486 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJames A. Reggia,Stanley Tuhrim
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.