All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionA visual, interdisciplinary approach to solving problems in numerical methods Computing for Numerical Methods Using Visual C++ fills the need for a complete, authoritative book on the visual solutions to problems in numerical methods using C++. In an age of boundless research, there is a need for a programming language that can successfully bridge the communication gap between a problem and its computing elements through the use of visual-ization for engineers and members of varying disciplines, such as biologists, medical doctors, mathematicians, ecomists, and politicians. This book takes an interdisciplinary approach to the subject and demonstrates how solving problems in numerical methods using C++ is dominant and practical for implementation due to its flexible language format, object-oriented methodology, and support for high numerical precisions. In an accessible, easy-to-follow style, the authors cover:* Numerical modeling using C++* Fundamental mathematical tools* MFC interfaces* Curve visualization* Systems of linear equations* Nonlinear equations* Interpolation and approximation* Differentiation and integration* Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors* Ordinary differential equations* Partial differential equations This reader-friendly book includes a companion Web site, giving readers free access to all of the codes discussed in the book as well as an equation parser called MyParser that can be used to develop various numerical applications on Windows. Computing for Numerical Methods Using Visual C++ serves as an excellent reference for students in upper undergraduate- and graduate-level courses in engineering, science, and mathematics. It is also an ideal resource for practitioners using Microsoft Visual C++.
- Author BiographyShaharuddin Salleh, PhD, is Professor in Computational Mathematics, Faculty of Science (Mathematics), Universiti Teknologi, Malaysia (UTM). Dr. Salleh's research is in parallel computing algorithms and scheduling, mobile computing, intelligent systems, and numerical/combinatorial optimization problems. He is also an IT Manager at the Research Management Centre, UTM. Albert Y. Zomaya, PhD, is the Head of School and CISCO Systems Chair Professor of Internetworking in the School of Information Technologies at the University of Sydney. He is the author or coauthor of several books and more than 300 publications. He is an IEEE Fellow. Sakhinah Abu Bakar is Lecturer in Computational Mathematics at the School of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, National University of Malaysia. She is currently pursuing her PhD degree at the University of Sydney.
- Author(s)Albert Y. Zomaya,Sakhinah Abu Bakar,Shaharuddin Salleh
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight792 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.