All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionConcise, convenient and comprehensive: this handy dictionary will inform and enlighten all who want to understand how the Bible came together, the history of the various texts behind it, the versions in which it has appeared, the process of editing and compilation, and the different methods of interpretation that have developed over the centuries. Much of this material can be found in larger reference works and commentaries, but most students and lay people find that most of these books are written by scholars for scholars, which means the reader can feel bogged down in too much technical detail. Informed by the latest advances in biblical scholarship, this handy dictionary provides the reader with concise, manageable information on all the key issues and topics. It will be especially helpful to students of religion and related subjects, as well as to religious educators in schools, colleges and churches of all deminations.
- Author BiographyAlec Gilmore is a Baptist minister in the UK with a lifetime's experience in pastoral work, lay training and adult education. His most recent books are Preaching as Theatre (SCM), Aid Matters (SCM) and A Dictionary of Bible Origins (SAP/Continuum).
- Author(s)Alec Gilmore
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/12/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width164 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.