All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help future scientists to become more intelligent users of computing techlogy in their practice of science. The content is suitable for introductory courses on the foundations of computing and the specific application of computers in different areas of science. The text presents a set of modules for use in existing science courses in order to integrate individual aspects of computational thinking, as well as a set of modules introducing the computer science concepts needed to understand the computing involved. These modules guide science students in their independent learning. The book covers computing applications in such diverse areas as bioinformatics, chemical kinetics, hydrogeological modeling, and mechanics of materials, geographic information systems, flow analysis, the solving of equations, curve fitting, optimization, and scientific data acquisition. The computing topics covered include simulations, errors, data representation, algorithms, XMS, compression, databases, performance, and complexity.
- Author BiographyDr. Kevin Brewer is Co-Chair and Professor in the Department of Engineering in the Walker School of Engineering at Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, IL, USA. Dr. Cathy Bareiss is a Professor of Computer Science at the same institution.
- Author(s)Cathy Bareiss,Kevin Brewer
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, 41 colour illustrations, 54 colour tables, biography
- Weight479 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.