All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.41Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionConducting personnel investigations is one of the most challenging tasks confronting public agencies. Doing it right requires skill, experience, and training - doing it wrong can have a negative impact on your entire organization. Employee misconduct can cause injury, damage morale, negatively affect the company culture, and reduce productivity. A proper investigation helps remedy these ills, correcting misconduct and protecting the agency from liability. This manual is an invaluable reference tool for public sector management and covers of misconduct involving harassment, discrimination, retaliation, attendance, dishonesty, and insubordination. The second edition is updated with a chapter explaining the risks and challenges investigators face when called upon to defend their reports and sections with case and statutory updates and an explanation of new developments.
- Author BiographyJeff Sloan is a partner at Renne Sloan Holtzman Sakai LLP. He practices labor and employment law on behalf of public sector management. His career includes service as General Counsel of the California Public Employment Relations Board (PERB). Mr. Sloan's representation of public entities has included over 30 appellate cases that resulted in published appellate decisions in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. His pro bono work includes representation of the League of California Cities and California State Association of Counties. Mr. Sloan earned his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Hastings College of Law, and received his Bachelors degree with great distinction from San Jose State University.
- Author(s)Jeff Sloan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.