Conferring with Readers: Supporting Each Student's Growth and Independence by Jennifer Serravallo, Gravity Goldberg (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.99+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by jackjohnjack
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA great reading conference only takes five minutes, but its impact can last a lifetime. That's because conferences are the critical, one-to-one teaching that forms the backbone of reading instruction. <em>Conferring with Readers</em> shows you how to confer well and demonstrates why a few moments with students every week can put them on the path to becoming better, more independent readers. </p><em>Conferring with Readers</em> is a comprehensive guide that shows you how to determine what readers have learned and what they need to practice, then provides suggestions for targeting instruction to meet students' needs. It provides explicit teaching methods for use in effective conferences. You'll learn how to: <ul><li><strong>research</strong> a student's use of skills through questions and observations </li><li><strong>compliment</strong> to support and build upon successes </li><li><strong>follow up</strong> on prior instruction for accountability and depth of understanding </li><li><strong>explain </strong>a reading strategy by providing an explicit purpose and context </li><li><strong>model</strong> the strategy to make the invisible brainwork of reading more visible </li><li><strong>guide </strong>a readerinpracticing the strategy </li><li><strong>link </strong>the strategy to independent reading. </li></ul><em>Conferring with Readers</em> presents repeatable frameworks for conferences that focus on six specific purposes of reading instruction: <ul><li>matching students to just-right books </li><li>reinforcing students' strengths </li><li>supporting students during whole-class studies </li><li>helping students move from one reading level to the next </li><li>holding students accountable for previous learning </li><li>deepening students' conversations about books in order to deepen their thinking. </li></ul> What's more, each purpose is bolstered by an appendix of conference transcripts that support your teaching. With all this plus ideas for planning instruction, keeping records of your conferences, and even conducting group sessions, <em>Conferring with Readers</em> will make a big difference in how you teach reading-helping you feel confident and well equipped to foster each student's growth and independence as a reader.
- Author(s)Gravity Goldberg,Jennifer Serravallo
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication17/10/2007
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Notefigures
- Weight408 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.