All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a unique appraisal of supply chain management (SCM) concepts alongside lessons from industry, observation and analysis gathered during the first decade of supply chain management strategies in the UK construction industry. The research from leading international academics has been drawn together with the experience from some of the industry's foremost SCM practitioners to provide both a definition of SCM and an overview of its development as a strategy for managing construction projects. Key case study material - from Slough Estates to BAA and T5 - illustrates the benefits to the industry of its adoption. Little has been written on the application of SCM to construction and this book provides an agenda for discussion for both the experienced researcher and the industry practitioner by offering a thorough grounding in its principles as well as an illustration of SCM as a methodology for industry. Construction Supply Chain Management studies makes an important contribution to the debate on invative systems and their significance in increasingly complex construction projects.
- Author BiographyStephen Pryke is Senior Lecturer in Construction and Project Management at the Bartlett School of Graduate Studies, University College London, and Director of the Master's course there in Project and Enterprise Management.
- Author(s)Stephen Pryke
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleInnovation in the Built Environment
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight704 g
- Width182 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.