All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew countries can claim a political heritage as rich, varied and influential as France - the birthplace of modern politics. Ideas about France are often based on popular stereotypes, yet the reality of French national identity is both diverse and changeable. In this authoritative yet accessible new text, Helen Drake provides a compelling introduction to the politics, society, ecomy and culture of France. She examines how well equipped the country is to meet the challenges which face it at the start of the twenty-first century. A central theme of the book is whether France has come to terms with its tumultuous past - its wars, civil strife, and rapid modernization following the devastation of World War II. Contemporary France examines key aspects of French political culture and looks at how the core republican principles of liberty, equality and fraternity are being interpreted and implemented today. France's relationship with the EU and its place in the wider world are also explored.
- Author BiographyHELEN DRAKE is Senior Lecturer in French and European Studies at Loughborough University, UK.
- Author(s)Helen Drake
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleContemporary States and Societies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight320 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.