All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn his 10th book, rewned prose poet Gonzalez proclaims he is at the crossroads in [his] throat where he looks both ways. Gonzalez is as quirky as ever, matching the didactic tone and jargon of a scientist with the sensibilities of artists like Kenneth Rexroth, Hart Crane and Picasso, among others, who walk in and out of the poems. --Publishers Weekly Fusing the real with the surreal and the natural world with human relationships, Ray Gonzalez creates his own brand of magical realism. Gonzalez also brings pop humor in such poems as The Guitars, which uses the word guitar in almost every sentence to talk about the true (and t so true) lives of rock stars. David Lazar tes, Ray Gonzalez may be our most essential prose poet. Ray Gonzalez's awards include the 2003 Minnesota Literary Award for Poetry, and the PEN Oakland/Josephine Miles Book Award. He has published nine poetry collections and edited twelve anthologies, including No Boundaries: Prose Poems by 24 American Poets.
- Author BiographyRay Gonzalez has authored numerous books of poetry, non-fiction, and fiction, and edited twelve anthologies. He is poetry editor for The Bloomsbury Review, and founding editor of the poetry journal Luna. He is a full professor in the MFA Creative Writing Program at The University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
- Author(s)Ray Gonzalez
- PublisherBOA Editions, Limited
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleAmerican Poets Continuum
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBOA Editions, Limited
- Weight157 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.