All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperience Alberta's heritage and the outdoors in Country Roads of Alberta, an intriguing photographic guidebook that takes you to places off the beaten track. Alberta's scenery is as diverse as its topography. Fringed along its western edge by high mountains, the land descends through foothills to stretch into undulating plains sculpted by ancient ice into ridges, hills and deep coulees. Under the changing light of the prairie sky, the rolling landscape reveals tipi rings and medicine wheels--remnants of the first people to call this land home--as well as marks of later civilization: homesteads, old barns, churches and the graveyards of the first immigrants. Antelope, wild goats, moose, beaver, prairie dogs and birds are among the bountiful wildlife that flourishes here. In Country Roads of Alberta, Liz Bryan guides readers along the back roads of this beautiful landscape. In addition to driving directions and maps, Bryan includes snippets of archaeology, history, geology and other interesting information. Her magnificent, full-colour photos celebrate Alberta's many landscapes--some still wild, and all most beautiful.
- Author BiographyLiz Bryan is a journalist with an extensive background in magazine editing and publishing. She is one of British Columbia's premier travel writer/photographers. She and her late husband, Jack, co-founded Western Living magazine. Liz lives in Rock Creek, BC.
- Author(s)Liz Bryan
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Note100 colour photos & 15 maps
- Weight630 g
- Width228 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.