CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book the author analyzes the phemen of coup d'etat as a specific means of gaining state power. Though quite frequently found in practice, this phemen is almost completely unexplored in political theory. The author examines the concept of coup d'etat itself and its various contations and compares coup d'etat with other forms of usurpation of state power, such as revolutions, rebellions, civil wars or guerilla warfare. He also deals with the technique of coup d'etat. The book includes an overview of accomplished coups d'etat since the beginning of the twentieth century and a list of present political leaders who came to power in this way.
- Author BiographyMarek Bankowicz, born in 1960, is professor of political science and head of the Department of Contemporary Political Systems at the Institute of Political Science and International Relations at the Jagiellonian University (UJ) in Cracow. He is the author and co-author of many publications on comparative political science and the history of modern global politics.
- Author(s)Marek Bankowicz
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication06/08/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitlePrager Schriften zur Zeitgeschichte und zum Zeitgeschehen
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight170 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.