All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionBy broadening the focus beyond classic English detective fiction, the American hard-boiled' crime vel and the gangster movie, Crime Cultures breathes new life into staple themes of crime fiction and cinema. Leading international scholars from the fields of literary and cultural studies analyze a range of literature and film, from neglected examples of film ir and true crime', crime fiction by female African American writers, to reality TV, recent films such as Elephant, Collateral and The Departed, and contemporary fiction by J. G. Ballard, Kazuo Ishiguro, and Margaret Atwood. They offer groundbreaking interpretations of new elements such as the mythology of the hitman, techlogy and the image, and the cultural impact of senseless' murders and reveal why crime is a powerful way of making sense of the broader concerns shaping modern culture and society.
- Author BiographyEugene McNulty is Lecturer in English at St Patrick's College (Dublin City University), Ireland. His publications include Ulster Literary Theatre and the Northern Revival (Cork University Press, 2008). Patricia Pulham is Senior Lecturer in Victorian Literature at the University of Portsmouth, UK. She is author of Art and the Transitional Object in Vernon Lee's Supernatural Tales (Ashgate, 2006), and co-editor of stories by Lee, Hauntings and Other Fantastic Tales (Broadview, 2006) and of Vernon Lee: Decadence, Ethics, Aesthetics (Palgrave, 2006). Bran Nicol is Reader in Modern and Contemporary Literature at the University of Portsmouth, UK. His books include Stalking (Reaktion, 2006), Iris Murdoch: The Retrospective Fiction (2e, Palgrave, 2004) and The Cambridge Introduction to Postmodern Fiction (forthcoming).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication30/07/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byBran Nicol,Eugene McNulty,Patricia Pulham
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.