All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents essays written by internationally acclaimed scholars on the leading figures and major social projects and movements within the tradition of critical theory. Critical Theory and the Human Condition is organized in two parts: Labors of the Dialectic and Projects and Movements. Labors of the Dialectic addresses key themes associated with the work of Theodor Ador and Max Horkheimer, Walter Benjamin, Eric Fromm, Herbert Marcuse, Hannah Arendt, Karl Marx and Ludwig Wittgenstein, and Juergen Habermas and Maxine Greene. Their work is situated in relation to contemporary issues associated with the human condition. Projects and Movements deals with the new politics of cynicism, kwledge, dialogue and humanization, critical race theory, critical multiculturalism, the body and feminist aesthetics, cultural studies, and the environment.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Michael Peters is Professor of Education at the Universities of Glasgow and Auckland. His recent books include Heidegger, Education and Modernity; Richard Rorty: Education, Philosophy and Politics; and Poststructuralism, Marxism and Neoliberalism: Between Theory and Politics. Colin Lankshear is a freelance educational researcher and writer based in Mexico and a Professorial Research Fellow at the University of Ballarat. His recent books include Teachers and Technoliteracy; Cyber Spaces/Social Spaces; and New Literacies: Changing Knowledge and Classroom Learning. Mark Olssen is Reader and Director of Doctoral Programs in Educational Studies at the University of Surrey. His recent books include The Doctoring of Childbirth, Educational Policy in New Zealand, and Michel Foucault: Materialism and Education.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number168
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byColin Lankshear,Mark Olssen,Michael Peters
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.