Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a charming compendium of historical oddities, curious customs and strange events from across West Yorkshire. Laid out in an easy to use A-Z format it explores a vast range of subjects, from folklore and legends to Yorkshire's strangest buildings, artefacts and memorials (including a drinker's tomb made from a beer barrel). Here also are some of Yorkshire's most eccentric characters and famous former inhabitants, and the stories behind some of the oddest events that have occurred in the county - and perhaps even in the whole of the British Isles. This title features countless Civil War curiosities, tragic tales and hilarious happenings, 'tha couldna mak it up!'. Richly illustrated with both modern and archive images, it will delight residents and visitors alike.
- Author BiographyHoward Peachhas written hundreds of articles and short stories over the years. He specializes in Yorkshire's quirkier side; his recent work includes Olde Yorkshire Punishments, an exploration of every type of punishment (capital, corporal, or just downright strange) that was once employed in the region.
- Author(s)Howard Peach
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight250 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.