Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the big picture to the fine detail of some of the most wow-worthy of customized semi trucks. From an author who has spent more than a quarter-century photographing and writing about tractor-trailers comes the best book yet about the custom semis that do so much of the nation's heavy hauling in consummate style. In chapters that range from solo drivers, families in trucking, and whole customized fleets to the finest nitty-gritty and cutting-edge elements of semi truck customization, this book offers a close-up look at spectacular examples of custom semis. Includes before-and-after photos of re-customized trucks; motifs in graphics and design - on themes as various as dragons, pirates, trains, and Harley-Davidson; and here are the details of wood, metal, lights, etching, and interiors that make a rig wow-worthy. Her subjects, Bette S. Garber says, are the creme de la creme of working show trucks - spectacular owner-operator tractor-trailers that have been beautifully painted, colorfully striped, loaded with extra lights, and dazzled with metal trim. But don't be fooled by their appearance, Garber cautions. These trucks work hard every day pulling flatbeds, dry vans, refrigerated trailers, drop-decks, tankers of all kinds, even specialty trailers like bark haulers, auto carriers, and dump trucks, day after day, throughout all corners of America.
- Author BiographyBette S. Garber is the author of Custom Semi Trucks (ISBN 0-7603-1459-4) and lives in Thorndale, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Bette S. Garber
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication15/10/2005
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Out-of-print date02/05/2013
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1116 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.