All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionFor over six years the DSM-IV Task Force and members of the DSM-IV Work Groups have participated in a comprehensive effort of empirical review leading to the publication of the fourth edition of the American Psychiatric AssociationAs Diagstic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV). This first volume of the DSM-IV Sourcebook chronicles these efforts and their results, documenting the rationale and empirical support for the text and criteria sets presented in DSM-IV. From a total of five volumes, the first three contain the DSM-IV literature reviews and summarize the DSM-IV Work Group efforts that led to the publication of the DSM-IV Options Book. This, the first volume, presents the reviews for substance use disorders; delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders; psychotic disorders; medication-induced movement disorders; and sleep disorders. Each review contains the following six sections: -Statement of the issueexplicitly outlines the issues addressed in the review. -Significance of the issueAframes the importance of each issue and discusses its clinical and empirical significance. -MethodAdocuments the extent to which the reviews were systematic and comprehensive in their coverage of the literature. -ResultsAprovides an objective and thorough summary of the findings most relevant to each issue. -DiscussionAaddresses the implications of the clinical research findings for DSM-IV. -RecommendationsArecommendations for DSM-IV based on the review of the literature.
- Author(s)American Psychiatric Association
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/1994
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Out-of-print date17/06/2013
- Weight1043 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.