All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen J.R. Ewing arrived in Dallas to film Dallas, the city soared to international. Southfork Ranch became the major tourist attraction. Ambassadors and Royalty and British tabloids focused on the Ewings at the Cattle Baron's Ball. As shown in Dallas International with J.R. Ewing, actual Dallasites starred in their own parallel series, the real soap opera of Dallas. The 1980s Gold Rush made Dallas the world's oil capital. Dallas was the international symbol of wealth and glamour, a Future City, an El Dorado. Dallas women like Morgan Fairchild and Jerry Hall were as beautiful as Sue Ellen or Pamela Ewing. Caroline Hunt Schoellkopf founded a 5-star luxury hotel, the Mansion. Neiman Marcus with its Fortnights was spectacular. Get Your Kicks on Route 66 was a gala. Episodes of real Dallasites were even more dramatic than on TV. Jake Hamon Sr. was murdered by his mistress and set off the Teapot Dome oil scandals of President Warren G. Harding. A socialite fell in love with comedian George Burns. Blonde bombshell Priscilla Davis recaptured love for her murdered daughter by rearing her racially mixed granddaughter. Author Nancy Smith was the one newspaper columnist who wrote during all the years of the original 'Dallas series from 1978 to 1991. As celebrity writer and society editor of the Dallas Morning News and Dallas Times Herald, she interviewed tycoons and movie stars, Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses, and Ronald Reagan's Inaugurations. This is the real story of Dallas.
- Author(s)Nancy Smith
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight1488 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.