All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith understandable information - about health, injury prevention, and treatment of common dance-related problems - this handbook is literally a tour of the body from head to toe. Includes advice specific to dancers' well-being, such as body awareness and self-image, eating disorders, stress fractures, turn-out, damaged or painful knees, feet and toes; and the excellent five critical things to kw and five great exercises for each part of the body at the end of each chapter. Profusely illustrated with drawings and radiographic images and enhanced photographs of stars of the Pennsylvania Ballet.
- Author BiographyJudith R. Peterson, MD, was attending physician for ten years to the Pennsylvania Ballet, treating many professional dancers and dance students at all stages of dance training. A member of the International Association of Dance Medicine and Science, the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and the American Medical Association, she currently serves on the clinical medical faculty of The University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine.
- Author(s)Judith Peterson
- PublisherPrinceton Book Company
- Date of Publication31/07/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationPennington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Book Company
- Content Note50 black and white
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.