All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach year tens of thousands of professors confront over a million students required to take statistics courses in almost every discipline, from anthropology to zoology. Because they did t choose to take stat courses, most students lack the motivation to learn and use statistics and, therefore, experience statistics as a grunt subject to pass at all costs. Professors try to overcome this problem by giving interesting lectures and assigning good textbooks and websites, but these literary and electronic resources are t meant to inspire students to want to learn and use statistics. This important gap is filled by Dancing on the Tails of the Bell Curve-a unique anthology designed to supplement the technical resources professors assign in their classrooms-which has one goal: to inspire or motivate students to want to learn and use statistics. Through carefully selected readings, this book provides role models for students to identify with who have experienced joy from their use of statistics and concrete examples of how statistics shape almost every decision in society that involves our laws, medications, food supply, interest rates, educational programs, sporting events, mass media, and entitlement programs, to name only a few. In addition to professors, this reader is ideal for parents of children underachieving in their statistics courses and students who want to gain motivation to learn and use statistics.
- Author BiographyRICHARD ALTSCHULER, Ph.D., has been a statistician and research consultant for over forty years. He is the founder and president of Expert Research Studies, a company specializing in statistical analysis, research consulting, and tutoring, and he taught statistics at Temple University and New York University.
- PublisherAltschuler, Richard & Associates,US
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChaucer Press (imprint of Altschuler, Richard & Associates, Inc)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byRichard Altschuler
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.